If you’re a fan of Snickerdoodles and sugar cookies, these Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies are sure to be a hit! The delicious combination of spices, sugar, and cream cheese makes for a truly irresistible treat.
If you’re looking for the perfect fall treat that combines the creamy goodness of cheesecake with the warm, comforting flavors of pumpkin, you’re in for a delightful surprise. Our Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies recipe will satisfy your autumn cravings and become a family favorite in no time.
Baking Up Autumn Delights: Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
These cookies are soft, chewy, and bursting with the flavors of pumpkin and cream cheese. Let’s dive into making these delectable Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies that are sure to steal the show at your next gathering.
What are Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
Imagine this: the delightful taste of pumpkin pie and the creamy richness of cheesecake, all wrapped up in a cookie. That’s the magic of pumpkin cheesecake cookies! While we can’t pinpoint the exact moment someone dreamed up this fantastic combo, it’s safe to say they’ve become a fall sensation. These cookies are perfect for those cozy autumn gatherings and festive celebrations. Nowadays, they’re not just a treat; they’re a tradition, adding a tasty twist to homemade cookies.
To create these heavenly Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Butter: Butter adds rich flavor and moisture to the cookies, making them tender and delicious.
- Shortening: Shortening helps create a soft and chewy texture in the cookies while adding a slightly different flavor profile from butter.
- Granulated Sugar: Granulated sugar sweetens the cookies and contributes to their tender texture.
- Egg: Eggs act as a binding agent and add moisture to the dough, helping to hold the cookies together.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor profile of the cookies, adding a pleasant aroma and taste.
- Flour: All-purpose flour serves as the main dry ingredient, providing structure and thickness to the cookies.
- Pumpkin Powder: Pumpkin powder infuses the cookies with a delightful pumpkin flavor and adds moisture, keeping them soft and moist.
- Cream of Tartar: Cream of tartar is a leavening agent that helps the cookies rise and maintain their shape.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda assists in leavening the cookies, making them light and fluffy.
- Salt: Salt enhances the flavor of the cookies by balancing the sweetness and other flavors.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon adds warm, spicy notes that complement the pumpkin flavor, giving the cookies that classic fall taste.
- Pumpkin Spice: Pumpkin spice is a blend of spices like cloves and nutmeg, providing a well-rounded and seasonal flavor to the cookies.
- Cloves: Cloves offer a warm and aromatic note that enhances the overall spiced flavor profile of the cookies.
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg adds a nutty and slightly sweet flavor that pairs beautifully with pumpkin and spices.
- Cream Cheese: Cream cheese creates a creamy, tangy, and luscious filling that contrasts wonderfully with the cookie’s sweetness.
Creating the Cheesecake Filling
Prepare the Cream Cheese Filling: In another bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. This will be the luscious filling that elevates your cookies to the next level.
Make Small Cream Cheese Balls: Create small cream cheese balls and place them on a plate with parchment paper.
Freeze Cream Cheese: Place your cream cheese balls in the freezer until they are hardened.
Making the Pumpkin Cookie Dough
Prepare Your Oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cream Together Fats and Sugars: In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, shortening, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla.
Mix Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, pumpkin powder, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice, ground cloves, and ground nutmeg.
Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until a smooth
Assembling the Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
Form Cookie Dough Balls: Take a portion of the pumpkin cookie dough and flatten it into a disk in the palm of your hand.
Add the Cream Cheese Filling: Place frozen cream cheese balls in the center of the dough.
Cover and Seal: Take another portion of the pumpkin cookie dough, flatten it, and place it on top of the cheesecake filling. Seal the edges of the two layers of cookie dough, enclosing the cheesecake filling inside.
Baking Time: Place the stuffed cookies on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between them. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies are set and slightly golden around the edges.
Enjoy Your Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
Cool and Serve: Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Once they’ve cooled down, serve these delightful Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies and watch them disappear!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies Recipe
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup shortening
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup flour add 2 tablespoons to the mix
- ⅛ cup pumpkin flour minus 1 tsp
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
Creating Cheesecake Filling
- In another bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Create small cream cheese balls and place them on a plate with parchment paper.
- Place your cream cheese balls in the freezer until they are hardened.
Making Cookie Dough
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, shortening, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- In another mixing bowl, stir the all-purpose flour, pumpkin flour, cream of tartar, soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until a smooth
Assembling Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
- Take a portion of the pumpkin cookie dough and flatten it into a disk in the palm of your hand.
- Place frozen cream cheese balls in the center of the dough.
- Take another portion of the pumpkin cookie dough, flatten it, and place it on top of the cheesecake filling. Seal the edges of the two layers of cookie dough, enclosing the cheesecake filling inside.
- Place the stuffed cookies on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between them. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-13 minutes or until the cookies are set and golden around the edges
Fall Cookie Bliss
These Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies offer a perfect blend of pumpkin spice and creamy cheesecake in every bite. With the warmth of autumn spices and the richness of cream cheese, they are a must-have dessert for your fall gatherings, holiday parties, or simply for indulging your sweet tooth on a cozy evening.
Here are a couple more must-try fall cookie recipes! As the weather cools and leaves tumble, these treats are perfect for sweetening up your autumn days. From pumpkin snickerdoodles to mushroom cookie recipe, these cookies bring cozy flavors to your home.
Whether you’re an experienced baker or just starting, these cookies are easy to make and sure to impress. Share them with friends and family, and savor the delightful taste of fall in every mouthful.
So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and let’s get baking these sensational Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies. Your taste buds will thank you, and you might just find a new favorite fall recipe to cherish for years to come. Enjoy the pumpkin-spiced goodness!
Photo Credits: MyPhotography.com