Have you come across the trending Flower Pretzels Recipe on Instagram and TikTok? I couldn’t resist giving these delightful flower pretzel bites a shot, and I was pleasantly surprised by how easy they are to whip up and how delicious they turned out. All you require are a handful of basic ingredients: M&Ms, square pretzels, and pink chocolate meltaways.
In this post I’m sharing some tips on how to make these pretzel flowers M&Ms, there are a couple of helpful insights I’d like to share with you.
If you’re looking for a no-fuss Valentine’s Day treat, then you’re going to absolutely adore this sweet treat!
But first let’s take we take a look at this recipe, here are a few others you might enjoy as well.
Flower pretzels are a delightful and easy-to-make snack, perfect for special occasions like Valentine’s Day or spring gatherings. These charming flower pretzel bites showcase square pretzels, chocolate meltaways, and M&Ms, resulting in a visually appealing and tasty treat to win over your guests.
With their vibrant colors and the perfect blend of sweet and salty flavors, flower pretzels are a surefire hit for your party menu, promising to delight both cute and tasty!
Square Pretzels: Square pretzels serve as the sturdy base for the flower pretzels, providing a crunchy and salty foundation that complements the sweetness of the other ingredients.
Chocolate Meltaways: Chocolate meltaways, particularly the pink ones, add a creamy and vibrant burst of color to the flower pretzels, making them visually appealing and adding a rich chocolatey flavor to each bite.
M&Ms: M&Ms not only introduce a pop of colorful variety to the pretzels but also provide a delightful crunch and a burst of chocolate and candy-coated goodness, enhancing the overall taste and texture of the treat.
HOW TO MAKE TO MAKE THESE PRETZEL FLOWER M&Ms
Step 1 – Layout Your Flower M&Ms
I find that time is limited when working with melted chocolate, so it is best to organize all your flowers ahead of time. I placed six M&M’s for the petals and one contrasting color in the middle. So each flower uses seven M&M’s.
Step 2 – Bake
Place your square pretzels on a parchment-lined baking tray. You’ll want to place a chocolate meltaway on each pretzel. I broke the chocolate into pieces and then pieced them together on the pretzel in a puzzle. Everyone puts one chocolate on the pretzel, but I found they were too small and didn’t hold all the M&M’s, and some fell off.
Bake in a 200 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes until chocolate is soft.
Step 3 – Make Flowers
After removing the tray out of the oven, spread the melted chocolate on the surface of the pretzel. Place the middle M&M in the center of the pretzel and on top of the melted chocolate. Then, add the other M&M petals around the center M&M. Push the candies gently into the chocolate to secure them.
Flower Pretzels Recipe
- 10 square pretzels
- 70 M&Ms
- 15 meltaway chocolates
- Step 1 – Layout Your Flower M&MsI find that time is limited when working with melted chocolate, so it is best to organize all your flowers ahead of time. I placed six M&M’s for the petals and one contrasting color in the middle. So each flower uses seven M&M’s.
- Step 2 – BakePlace your square pretzels on a parchment lined baking tray. On each prezel you’ll want to place chocolate meltaways on it. I ended up breaking up the chocolate into pieces and then puzzle piecing them together on the pretzel. Everyone else places one chocolate on the pretzel but I found they were too small and it didn’t hold all the M&M’s and some fell off,Bake in a 200 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes until chocolate is soft.
- Step 3 – Make FlowersAfter removing the tray out of the oven, spread the melted chocolate on the surface of the pretzel. Place the middle M&M in the center of the pretzel and on top of the melted chocolate. Then, add the other M&M petals around the center M&M. Push the candies gently into the chocolate to secure them.
Alternative Flower Ideas
- Valentine’s Day: Create heart-shaped flower petals using red and pink M&Ms like I did here.
- St. Patrick’s Day: Make shamrock-shaped flowers by arranging green M&Ms in a clover pattern and place it on a cupcake or cake.
- Easter: Fashion colorful daisy-like flowers using pastel-colored M&Ms.
- Mother’s Day: Craft a bouquet of edible flowers with M&M attached to dipped in chocolate pretzel sticks. You can make them flower daises using yellow and white M&Ms.
- Independence Day (Fourth of July): Arrange red, white, and blue M&Ms in a patriotic flower design to celebrate the holiday.
- Halloween: Use black and orange M&Ms and place it on cupcakes or a cookie.
- Thanksgiving: Make rustic sunflower-themed treats with yellow and brown M&Ms.
- Christmas: Decorate a poinsettia-like flower using red and green M&Ms, adding a yellow M&M in the middle for the finishing touch.
- New Year’s Eve: Fashion a festive flower using metallic-colored M&Ms to ring in the new year with a sparkling twist.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make flower pretzels, start by placing square pretzels on a baking sheet, then add pieces of the chocolate meltaways in the center of each pretzel. Bake them briefly to melt the chocolate. Finally, press M&Ms into the melted chocolate, creating a flower-like design. Allow them to cool, and you’re ready to enjoy!
Absolutely! You can use various chocolate meltaway flavors or colors to customize your flower pretzels for different occasions or to suit your preferences.
Properly stored in an airtight container, flower pretzels can stay fresh for up to a week. However, they are best when consumed within a few days to maintain their optimal taste and texture.
Yes, you can make flower pretzels ahead of time. Prepare them a day or two in advance, store them in an airtight container, and keep them in a cool, dry place until your party or event.
Certainly! Mixing and matching various M&M colors can add a fun and colorful twist to your flower pretzels, making them even more appealing.
It depends on the ingredients you choose. You can find gluten-free pretzels and dairy-free chocolate options, making it possible to accommodate certain dietary restrictions when making flower pretzels. Always check the ingredient labels for specific dietary concerns.
Yes, you can use peanut butter or Nutella as alternative spreads for your pretzel flowers, adding a delicious nutty twist to the flavor profile. Just make sure to spread them thinly for easy assembly and avoid any potential messiness.
Yes! I melted my chocolate individually on the pretzel since I have a terrible time melting a bowl of meltaways. So, be alert when you bake it for about 20-25 seconds in the microwave making sure not to burn your pretzel.
Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and you should consider making these adorable flower pretzels for your child’s class or just as a delightful snack for your family.
I always love the combination of sweet and salty treats. They’re simply the best!
Photo Credits: MyPhotography.com