La Victoria Pineapple Salsa is a Fresh Addition to Fish Tacos
I have had fish tacos on my mind since my recent trip to Hawaii and silly me I didn’t quite get my fill. So, today I’m sharing a recipe that will satisfy my craving and yours. The fish is fried in a super easy beer batter mixture and topped with some delicious pineapple salsa from LA VICTORIA. This fruity blend adds a nice sweet and spiciness to the dish. I sprinkled it with a cilantro lime sauce and shredded cabbage that is a mixture of lime, salt, and a dash of sugar. It is a light summery dish that is best eaten outdoors with a cold fruity drink.
A Note About the Nester
When we were on vacation in Hawaii, I think I drove my husband crazy with my fish taco obsession. Well, once I got a hold of a delicious fish taco, I switched my obsession to a Hawaiian shaved ice dessert. Do you see a pattern here?
This post is sponsored by LA VICTORIA and all opinions are my own.
I especially love this beer batter recipe since it is so easy to make and tastes pretty similar to fish and chips. Also, in my opinion, a great pairing for fish tacos is best with a cabbage blend of cilantro and lime. The La Victoria pineapple salsa adds a new flavor with a sweetness that is fresh and yummy. I would highly recommend trying this version of salsa; I’m sure you’ll be pleased with this product, and it’s a nice change to the traditional salsa. It adds that Hawaiian tropical touch, which I love! Here is the fun recipe and I hope you enjoy this terrific pineapple salsa fish taco.
Pineapple Salsa Fish Tacos and Lime Cilantro Sauce
- BEER BATTER FISH
- 1 pound of white fish
- 1 cup Bisquick Mix
- 1 12 oz Bottle of Beer
- 2 Eggs slightly beaten
- Cooking oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- LIME CILANTRO SAUCE
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablesppons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- CABBAGE SLAW
- half a head of cabbage shredded
- 1-2 tbs sugar
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- LA VICTORIA Pineapple Salsa
- BEER BATTER FISH
- Wash fish and pat dry and slice into bite size pieces.
- Place a 1 1/2 inches of oil in 3 quart sauce pan
- Place Bisquick in a bowl and mix in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add enough beer to batter, like 1/2 cup and stir. If the batter is too thick add more beer. It should be the consistency of a thick pancake batter.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs.
- Dip fish in eggs and then dip in Bisquick mix.
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer cooked fish to a paper towel lined plate.
- CILANTRO LIME SAUCE
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the Lime Cilantro Sauce and mix well.
- CABBAGE LIME SLAW
- Combine shredded cabbage, sugar, lime and salt and pepper. Adjust ingredients to taste.
- Once all the ingredients are prepared, build your taco and top with LA VICTORIA Pineapple Salsa. Enjoy!
Crispy fish, pineapple salsa, cilantro cabbage and lime always a nice fresh way to prepare a fish dinner; my whole family loves this recipe. If you need to watch your carbohydrate intake, just serve it without the corn tortilla and place the fish on top of a bed of the lime cilantro cabbage. Also, I used the gluten free Bisquick, and my family couldn’t taste the difference with the fish.
Enter the “Flavor Seekers” Giveaway
for a chance to win a trip for 2 to San Diego (flight and hotel included)!
LA VICTORIA® Brand is supporting this story with a social giveaway called “Flavor Seekers.”
We want to know where people seek out fresh summer flavor. Whether it’s a trendy fish joint, a local dive, or your grandma’s kitchen. Encourage your audience to capture a video and/or photo for a chance to win.
1. Follow @LAVICTORIABrand on Instagram and/or like on Facebook
2. Share a video and/or picture showing where you seek out fresh summer flavor (whether a trendy fish joint, a local dive, your grandma’s kitchen-you name it!)
3. Tag entry with #FlavorSeekers and #MangoHabaneroSalsa and tag handle @LaVictoriaBrand
4. “Follow” and “Like” @LaVictoriaBrand on platform entry was submitted (Instagram and/or Facebook).
A chance to win prizes!
Grand Prize: One (1) Weekend Getaway for Two in Sunny San Diego (flight and hotel included, valued at $3,500)
Honorable mentions prizes: Number awarded at discretion of brand and may include a variety of the following: grill kits, branded t-shirts, cinch sack, lip balms, stickers, etc. (valued
If you like this post make sure to check out this post.
This post is linked up to, I Heart Naptime