When summer rolls along at our home, my husband anxiously pulls out his BBQ and makes his favorite Chicken Teriyaki Grilled Burgers. Our whole family is all too familiar with his favorite recipe.
*The following post contains affiliate links
If you are wondering where he got the recipe, it all began with his love for Red Robin’s chicken teriyaki grilled burgers. Yes, when the kiddos were little we ate a lot at the family-friendly restaurant, Red Robin. So, he quickly came up with his own version of this chicken sandwich.
Oh before I forget, let me mention that today I’m joining my friends with their awesome hubby’s bbq recipes too.
Here are My Friend’s BBQ Recipes
Sarah | Twelve on Main
Ok, I don’t eat chicken but Sarah’s yummy Chicken Souvlaki Skewers with flatbread would totally tempt me. I feel like I can smell this tantalizing dish and I can taste her tzatziki sauce along with the flatbread. Oh my, now I’m super hungry!
Ashley | The Handmade Home
This is Ashley’s BBQ Pineapple Chicken Recipe and doesn’t it look scrumptious for summer dinners? My husband loves the combination of pineapple and chicken so I’ll have to try this recipe for sure.
Ok, back to my husband’s bbq recipe. Not sure if your husband is like mine, but every weekend when I say, what should we cook for dinner he quickly offers to bbq something. Well, this recipe is pretty easy and If you like chicken teriyaki than you’ll love it. So, you basically soak the chicken and pineapple in the homemade teriyaki sauce and then grill the chicken and pineapple and top with melted swiss cheese.
Once you have the chicken grilled you place it onto of a bun and add your condiments. A funny little side note happened, after taking these photos of the chicken teriyaki grilled burgers, my husband informed that I should never place ketchup on the burger. All these years, I’ve been topping mine with ketchup, why didn’t I get this memo!
Well, when he makes this dish I have a different version, he cooks a portabello mushroom for me since I don’t eat chicken. And if you noticed my roasted Brussel sprouts alongside the chicken teriyaki grilled burgers, you’ll also want to check out that recipe as well.
Chicken Teriyaki Grilled Burgers
If you are familiar with my blog you’ll know that I already have a chicken teriyaki recipe published a while back. It is a super easy recipe and you should never have to buy the bottled version. Make a fresh sauce and don’t forget to grate some fresh ginger to add a lovely flavor to the sauce.
Chicken Teriyaki Grilled Burgers
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken thigh
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 1 slice canned pineapple
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Mirin (a sweet rice wine) You can use white wine
- 1 tbsp ginger freshly grated (optional)
- Combine, soy sauce, sugar, freshly grated ginger, mirin in a shallow baking dish.
- Place chicken, pineapple in the teriyaki sauce for however long you wish. I soak mine for a minimum of 30 minutes. If you are making a portabello mushroom, you can add it now to the marinade.
- Grill chicken on bbq and make sure to coat it with the teriyaki sauce frequently.
- Once the chicken is almost done, top with a grilled pineapple wedge and a slice of swiss cheese. The cheese should melt quickly.
- Place the chicken burger on a toasted bun and top with favorite condiments.
My Husband’s Favorite BBQ Accessories
1. Williams Sonoma Oven Mitts | 2. Weber Genesis II BBQ | 3. BBQ Grill Pans | 4. Grilling Cookbook
5.Grill Heat Mitt | 6.Williams Sonoma Apron | 7. Weber Style Grill Pan | 8. Pillivuyt Rectangular Baker | 9. BBQ Tool Set
Well, get out your bbq’s getting bus creating my husband’s favorite chicken teriyaki grilled burgers. I’m certain it will become a family favorite and you’ll enjoy how easy it is to make.
- Summer Floral Arrangement Ideas - June 3, 2023
- Lemon Sorbet in a Lemon - June 2, 2023
- How to Create Peony Arrangements - June 1, 2023
Babe, this looks so good!!!
I’m going to ask Shawn to make it for us this w/end! xx