I stumbled upon this Easy Chicken in Electric Skillet Recipe while rushing to make dinner for my husband. It’s a chicken recipe that’s tender and moist with a rich gravy sauce. You can use chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs for this recipe.
It’s a healthy recipe since very little oil is needed. And despite the low oil content, it makes a delicious gravy from the covered pan that traps moisture.Read more
My husband loves chicken dinners, so I’m starting to share of few of our family’s favorite recipes:
Chicken in Electric Skillet Recipe
My mom gave me an electric skillet a while back when they were so popular in the 80s and 90s. It’s our go-to skillet when we want to control the temperature of our recipe.
So, this recipe results from me cooking the chicken in my electric skillet and neglecting it. I covered the pan for two reasons. First, I didn’t want the oil splattering all over the kitchen counter. And secondly, I liked the meat to be tender.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you fry in an electric skillet?
Yes, it’s a great kitchen appliance since you can control the cooking temperature.
Do you cover chicken in an electric frypan?
If you like a moist and tender chicken, you’ll want to cover the skillet. If you cover the skillet, it creates a beautiful environment in which to cook chicken.
How do you cook chicken in an electric skillet?
I like to get the skillet hot and sear the outside of the chicken. This step traps the juices, and that’s a good thing. Then I lower the temperature to slow cook the seared chicken, preventing the meat’s drying.
I love this skillet, and we always bring it out for cooking dinners.
Here’s Why We Love Our Electric Skillet
- Even Temperature
- Easy Cleanup
- Better Control Over Temperature
- Uses Less Energy
- More Room For Stovetop Cooking
- Keeps Food Warm
Electric Skillet Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken thighs with the skin and bone
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Herb of Provence
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh Thyme or Oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- Turn the electric skillet on and heat to 400°
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Once the skillet is hot, coat the pan with cooking oil.
- With the skillet cover off, sear chicken until brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- After the chicken is brown, flip the chicken and sear the other side for another 3-5 minutes. The chicken meat should brown.
- Season the chicken with Herbs of Provence, minced garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add and melt butter in the pan.
- Cover and reduce the electric skillet temperature to 225° Cook the chicken for 20 minutes. Spread out the chicken, so they aren't touching.
- After 20 minutes, remove the lid, flip the chicken, and season the other side.
- Cover the skillet and cook another 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove and serve.
I love this chicken dish with some boiled potatoes and a side of corn on the cob. Add whatever sides you love and enjoy this tender, moist chicken dinner.
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog.