Make these Chocolate-Covered Apples for Christmas. They’re a fun, tasty mix of juicy apples and rich chocolate – super easy to make and perfect for spicing your holiday sweets!
If you’re hosting a holiday bash or hanging out with the kids, whip up chocolate-covered apple slices! They’re a total hit for spreading cheer and making those special holiday memories.
Or, even better, lay out the apple slices and let everyone go wild with their favorite candies and toppings. It’s a blast personalizing each apple slice, making it a fun holiday treat!
I’m excited to share my chocolate recipe; my friends are joining in with theirs, too! Their posts are right below, so take a peek if you love chocolate desserts.
Speaking of desserts, you’ll want to check out these other delicious recipes:
If you’re new to baking or a seasoned chef, you’ll probably enjoy this easy chocolate apple dessert.
Here are Some Reason I Love this Apple Dessert
- Convenience: These apple slices are incredibly easy to whip up, making them perfect for a quick and tasty treat.
- Customization: With various candies available for sprinkling, everyone can personalize their slice to suit their taste.
- Fun for All Ages: Making and decorating these slices is a delightful activity for kids and adults.
- Healthy Meets Indulgent: Combining fresh apples and chocolate balances healthy fruit and indulgent sweetness.
- Visually Appealing: Thanks to the assorted candies, their colorful appearance makes these slices a visually attractive dessert option.
- Inexpensive: These chocolate-covered apple slices are wallet-friendly, as they use simple and affordable ingredients, making them an excellent choice for a budget-conscious sweet treat.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COVERED APPLES
This dessert’s super easy to whip up and tastes amazing. You’ve got chocolate and apple together, which is a fantastic mix.
I love throwing in some Snickers caramel with the apple; it gives you that caramel apple vibe without all the fuss of making caramel. Talk about a handy shortcut!
- Apples: The crisp, fresh base of our treat, adding a juicy crunch.
- Chocolate Chips: Melted for a smooth, rich coating that complements the apples. I used Snickers, sprinkles, M&Ms, and peppermint candies.
- Candies: Add a colorful and fun twist for extra flavor and texture.
- Chocolate or Caramel Sauce: Perfect for dipping, it adds an extra layer of sweet goodness.
Step 1 – Prep Candies and Apples
Wash and dry apples and set aside.
Take all your candies and lightly crush them if necessary.
Step 2 – Melt Chocolate
Melt chocolate chips in a microwavable container.
Step 3 – Prep Tray
While the chocolate is melting, line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside for later.
Step 4 – Cover Apples with Chocolate
Using a spoon, cover the apples with the melted chocolate. Place the covered apples on the lined baking tray.
Step 5 – Cover Apples with Candies
You have a limited time to cover the apples since the chocolate will harden quickly. So, sprinkle the candies on the melted chocolate apples.
You may need to press the candies to the chocolate if necessary.
Allow the chocolate to firm up. You can refrigerate them if you want to speed up the process.
Step 6 – Cut Apples
Once the chocolate is firm, place it on a cutting board and slice the apples into slices. Cut off the bottom of the apples so they have a flat surface to stand them up.
Step 7 – Arrange The Apples
Take your chocolate-covered apple slices on a plate or cake stand in a circle around caramel or chocolate sauce.
To shop the post, click on the images
Chocolate Covered Apples
- 2 apples
- 2 cups chocolate chips You can use 1½ cups of chocolate chips to cover two apples. I like to have more than enough, so I use 2 cups.
- chocolate or caramel sauce
Prep Candies and Apples
- Wash and dry apples and set aside.Take all your candies and lightly crush them if necessary.
- Melt half the chocolate since you want to make this in two batches since the chocolate hardens. So melt ¾ to 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave. Melt for 1 minute, checking and stirring every 15 minutes. After a minute, if it's still not melted, add another 30 seconds.
- While the chocolate is melting, line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside for later.
Cover Apples with Chocolate
- Using a spoon, cover the apples with the melted chocolate. Place the covered apples on the lined baking tray.
Cover Apples with Candies
- You have a limited time to cover the apples since the chocolate will harden quickly. So, sprinkle the candies on the melted chocolate apples. You may need to press the candies to the chocolate if necessary. Allow the chocolate to firm up. You can refrigerate them if you want to speed up the process.
- Once the chocolate is firm, place on a cutting board and slice the apples into slices. Cut off the bottom of the apples so they have a flat surface in which to stand them up.
- Take your chocolate-covered apple slices on a plate or cake stand in a circle around caramel or chocolate sauce.
TOPPINGS FOR APPLE SLICES
- Crushed nuts (like almonds, walnuts, or pecans)
- Snickers Bars
- Mini Marshmallows
- Coconut Flakes
- Sprinkles in various colors and shapes
- Crushed Cookies (like Oreo or Graham Crackers)
- Mini Chocolate Chips or White Chocolate Shavings
- Dried Fruit Pieces (like Cranberries or Raisins)
- Pretzel Bits for a Salty Crunch
- Toffee Bits for Extra Sweetness
- Cereal Pieces (like Rice Krispies or Cinnamon Toast Crunch) for a unique twist
It’s a hectic season, but hopefully, you can find time to bake and have fun in the kitchen. I appreciate you stopping by to check out my Chocolate Covered Apples for Christmas recipe!
Cheers and Bon Appetit!
BLOGGER’S BEST CHOCOLATE DESSERT RECIPES
Chocolate Truffles | Most Lovely Things
3-ingredient chocolate truffles that you can make 2 weeks ahead, perfect for your holiday dessert bar.
Amazing Sourdough Chocolate Bread | Twelve on Main
This chocolate sourdough bread is an amazing treat that is perfect for a unique dessert or treat. The flavors of the semi dark bread and sweet chocolate morsels make this an amazing combination.
White Chocolate Pinecone Brownies | My 100 Year Old Home
Chocolate lovers and dessert enthusiasts, gather around! Today I am sharing a recipe for Chocolate Covered Brownie Pinecones.
No Bake Cookie Dough Bites | My Sweet Savannah
These no bake cookie dough bites are perfect for when you need a little treat. No baking neccessary and the perfect holiday dessert!