Try this super easy-to-make Crispy Calamari Salad recipe. Add wonton salad strips and pre-made breaded calamari, and you have a light salad.
I originally tweaked my Ramen Salad recipe and substituted the chicken with calamari. Then I omitted the crunchy Ramen noodles with the store-bought wonton noodles. The results of all my experimenting are this simple salad recipe that I’m sharing with you today.
*The following post contains affiliate links
This is my go-to salad when I want a quick and somewhat healthy dinner. Initially we made the crispy calamari by breading it and frying it, and it was a pretty time-consuming process. But we now buy the pre-made calamari, and dinner is so much easier.
Suppose you like a bit more crunch, top with more wontons and chopped peanuts. There are quite a few things you can add to this salad.
How to Make My Crispy Calamari Salad
I always try and have the ingredients on hand to whip it up for dinner for my family in a bind.
Step 1 – Chop Romaine
Wash and chop Romaine lettuce into small strips
Step 2 – Drain Mandarin Oranges
Drain mandarin oranges and set them aside.
Step 3 – Bake Calamari
Place crispy calamari on a baking sheet and cook according to the box’s instructions.
Step 4 – Combine Ingredients
Crispy Calamari Salad
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- 20 ounces Frozen Calamari Crispy Breaded Rings
- 15 ounce canned mandarin oranges drain
- 3½ ounce wonton strips
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts chopped
- Bake calamari rings according to the package directions. Cool calamari and set aside for later.
- Chop Romaine lettuce into small strips. Place in a large bowl.
- Drain mandarin oranges and add them to the chopped lettuce.
- Chop peanuts and add them to the salad.
- Add the crispy wonton strips and add the cooled calamari rings to the salad.
- You can toss everything together or leave the ingredients in layers.
- Drizzle either my coleslaw dressing or my Asian salad dressing on the salad.
I always love a yummy salad and this crispy calamari salad is one in my repetoire. I’m not sure why I haven’t share my salad recipes, but I’m happy that I’m finally getting around to it this summer. Well, here are a few of what I’ve shared so far.
Have a wonderful day and enjoy this salad recipe!