Try this super easy-to-make Crispy Calamari Salad recipe. Add wonton salad strips and pre-made breaded calamari, and you have a light salad.
I originally tweaked my Ramen Salad recipe and substituted the chicken with calamari. Then I omitted the crunchy Ramen noodles with the store-bought wonton noodles. The results of all my experimenting are this simple salad recipe that I’m sharing with you today.
*The following post contains affiliate links
This is my go-to salad when I want a quick and somewhat healthy dinner. Initially we made the crispy calamari by breading it and frying it, and it was a pretty time-consuming process. But we now buy the pre-made calamari, and dinner is so much easier.
Suppose you like a bit more crunch, top with more wontons and chopped peanuts. There are quite a few things you can add to this salad.
- Red Cabbage
- Green Cabbage
- Chow Mein Noodles
- Dried Cranberries
- Small Chunks of Fresh Mango
How to Make My Crispy Calamari Salad
I always try and have the ingredients on hand to whip it up for dinner for my family in a bind.
Step 1 – Chop Romaine
Wash and chop Romaine lettuce into small strips
Step 2 – Drain Mandarin Oranges
Drain mandarin oranges and set them aside.
Step 3 – Bake Calamari
Place crispy calamari on a baking sheet and cook according to the box’s instructions.
Step 4 – Combine Ingredients
Place the chopped romaine and orange slices. Then top with Calamari, wonton strips, and chopped peanuts. Drizzle either my Asian Salad Dressing or my Coleslaw Dressing on the salad.
Crispy Calamari Salad
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- 20 ounces Frozen Calamari Crispy Breaded Rings
- 15 ounce canned mandarin oranges drain
- 3½ ounce wonton strips
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts chopped
- Bake calamari rings according to the package directions. Cool calamari and set aside for later.
- Chop Romaine lettuce into small strips. Place in a large bowl.
- Drain mandarin oranges and add them to the chopped lettuce.
- Chop peanuts and add them to the salad.
- Add the crispy wonton strips and add the cooled calamari rings to the salad.
- You can toss everything together or leave the ingredients in layers.
- Drizzle either my coleslaw dressing or my Asian salad dressing on the salad.
I always love a yummy salad and this crispy calamari salad is one in my repetoire. I’m not sure why I haven’t share my salad recipes, but I’m happy that I’m finally getting around to it this summer. Well, here are a few of what I’ve shared so far.
Have a wonderful day and enjoy this salad recipe!
- Colorful Outdoor Rugs - May 31, 2023
- Memorial Weekend Recipes - May 27, 2023
- Anthropologie Dupes - May 24, 2023
Leave a Reply