I hope you find out a little bit more about me through this award! I actually had fun answering these questions and I hope you have fun reading my responses.
“It’s given by bloggers to new bloggers as a way to recognize their hard work and also provide a platform to discover new blogs. The word “liebster” is German and means kind, dear, lovely, pleasant, valued, endearing, and welcome.” via Elizabeth Joan Designs
- Why did you start blogging? My friends encouraged me to start a blog with all my ideas, recipes, and photos. I thought why not put my college art degree to some use, so I gave it a try. I started about a year and a half ago and I haven’t ever looked back. I think I kind of surprised my husband with my tenacity. I just love working on our home and posting my latest ideas, it has been the perfect creative outlet for me and I feel so complete now!
- Favorite social media outlet? I just found Instagram a few months ago and it has quickly become my favorite! I’ve gotten to know some wonderful people through it.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Working on my home and calling it blogging! Now I have a pretty good excuse to buy that much needed pillow for my latest project.
- Biggest pet peeve? That the other family members in our house don’t always put things away. Slowly but surely, I’m training them!
- Why did you pick your blog name? At the time that I started my blog, I wanted the name, “Happy Nester” but it was already taken. So, I came up with a double “Happy” and I loved it immediately. It pretty much describes me, that I’m over the top happy! And I’m especially happy making our home a cozy happy place.
- Coffee or tea? For the longest time, I was a very devoted tea drinker. But, since buying the Nespresso Frother and the Illy Espresso Machine, I’m drinking a lot of coffee these days. Hmm… I think I’ll have one right now!
- If you had to choose, which of the 5 senses would you rather lose? (sight, smell, taste, touch, or hearing) Most definitely, touch. I’m not a very tactile person. My daughter on the other hand is very tactile so she makes it up for me!
- Favorite way to pass the time? I love to go into San Francisco and taken in all that the city has to offer. Museums, shops, restaurants, beaches, etc. My son shares this passion too, so I always can get him to tag along with me.
- Are you a dog or cat person? I love both and I couldn’t make that choice in the past, so we had two very fluffy gray cats and an Old English Sheepdog, we called them the Gray Associates! Unfortunately after they all passed away, we found out that my son is really allergic to cats and dogs so we no longer have any pets. My husband says that our two kids are great substitutes for pets!
- Nikon or Canon? Neither, I take my photos with my Iphone camera and then tweak them in the Camera + app, Photoshop and also another photography program on my computer.
- Last person you texted? My husband who is traveling to Vermont.