These creamy and fluffy Chocolate Chip Scones are the only scones you need in your cookbook. They are topped with a layer of raw sugar which makes their crust a bit crunchy.
These cream scones are easy to make, and they don’t contain butter or eggs. Yes, you heard correctly. They are butter and egg-free. But, the key that makes them so moist and creamy is the whipped cream.
These chocolate chip scones are amazing. They are fluffy and creamy and so easy to make.
They’re a no fuss kind of scones. No eggs and no butter goes into these scones. Well there is a tiny bit of butter to drizzle over the top with sugar.
Want to know the secret ingredient?
And you don’t just add the heavy cream as is, and you have to whip it to stiff peaks. Then fold it into the dough. The results are this light scone that is moist and not dry and hard.
Add whatever you like to the dough. I added chocolate chips and shredded coconut this time around.
Chocolate Chip Scones are Tasty Because
- These scones are moist and not dry like other scones you have tried.
- It has a sugary topping that adds a bit of sugary crunch to every bite.
- A sweet light glaze adds another layer of sweetness.
- The center of the scones are creamy and full of chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Scones
These scones are a no fuss recipe. Here are the steps.
Step 1 – Combine Dry Ingredients
Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and shredded coconut to flour mixture.
Step 2 – Whip Heavy Cream
Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form
Step 3 – Fold in Cream
Fold in cream into the dry ingredients.
Step 4 – Shape Dough
Shape dough into a circle. The dough should be about 1 1/2 inches thick.
Step 5 – Cut into Pie Wedges
With a knife cut circle into eight pie wedges.
Step 6 – Top with Butter and Raw Sugar
Brush melted butter on the top and sprinkle with raw sugar. This is an optional step.
Step 7 – Bake
Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
Chocolate Chip Scones
- 3¼ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder plus 1 teaspoon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup shredded coconut optional
- 2 cups heavy cream chilled
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- raw sugar
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Lightly butter 2 baking sheets.
- Combine flour, ½ granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
- Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold whipped cream into dry ingredients.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead gently until soft dough forms.
- Form dough into a ball; pat out to form a 1½ inch thick circle.
- Cut dough into 8 wedges. Transfer to prepared baking sheets.
- Melt butter and brush on the tops of scones. Sprinkle the butter with raw sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to a baking rack to cool.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over the cooled scones.
Other Desserts You May Like:
These scones are a family favorite and I love how easy they are to make. Make these chocolate chip scones for your mom or family this month.
Enjoy and Happy Baking!