Lately, I’m into removing the mystic from all the crafts and recipes that I’ve steered away from in the past. I must admit that I went most of my life without making a caramel apple! Well, this little habit of mine kind of has paid off since it appears that every year it gets easier and easier to make these various projects. Now, they have ready made packages of caramels in the store and all you have to do is pop it in the microwave a bit and ta-da it is ready to for dipping your apples in it.
Here is what you’ll need for this recipe:
1. Place parchment paper of a plate.
2. Wash apples and dry them thoroughly.
3. Place stick in the top of the apple and make sure to penetrate the apple pretty deep, otherwise the stick will come out while dipping the apple in the candy mixture.
4. Microwave the caramel according to the instructions on the package.
5. Swirl the apple in the dip and cover the apple with the caramel. Place the apple upside down on the parchment paper.
6. Sprinkle the candy apple with sprinkles if desired.
7. Refrigerate once you have them all made.