EASY MICROWAVE CARAMEL POPCORN
*The following post contains affiliate links
Here are some other family recipes:
Here Is Our Favorite Popcorn Maker!
My husband loves to make his own popcorn. So one Christmas, I bought him this great popcorn maker. I went into the store to buy him the Whirly Pop Popcorn Maker and decided not to buy it. I found the stainless steel pot a bit on the flimsy side.
Well, his popcorn maker is always in use, and he loves it. He raves about how much he loves it. He is the popcorn guy, and I rarely make the popcorn. But, I did end up using it to make this easy microwave caramel popcorn.
Here are a few reasons that my husband loves this stovetop, popcorn maker:
- Heats the popcorn evenly
- It makes a perfect amount of popcorn for like three people.
- The spinner helps you shake the popcorn so the kernels fall to the bottom.
- Pops the kernels evenly
- It is well-made and sturdy
Easy Microwave Caramel Popcorn
- 16 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup dark or light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pop the popcorn on the stove. Then spray a large glass bowl with vegetable oil. Measure and place cooked popcorn in the prepared bowl.
- Place butter in a large glass pyrex measuring cup, and melt in the microwave for about a minute. Make sure to watch the butter, so it doesn't overflow.
- Mix corn syrup, brown sugar, and salt into the melted butter.
- Microwave on high and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring every 1 ½ minutes. Watch carefully so that it doesn't boil over the edges of the pyrex.
- Once the caramel mixture is cooked, immediately add baking soda and vanilla, stir well. The mixture will foam up, but keep stirring.
- Pour caramel over the popcorn and gently stir with a spoon.
- I add the caramel mixture in stages and stir after each addition. Remove popcorn kernels by transferring the popcorn to another glass bowl. This is an optional step.
- Microwave the popcorn mixture for 1 minute. Stir popcorn and cook for another 15-30 seconds if it needs the extra time. I have a high-powered microwave, and so my popcorn was done in 1 minute. Be careful not to overcook and burn the popcorn.
- Remove popcorn from the bowl, and spread on parchment paper. Break up clumps of popcorn if you like.
Well, if you don’t have the energy to make homemade caramel popcorn, here is a link to some gourmet ready-made popcorn!
Hey, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- How to Create Peony Arrangements - June 1, 2023
- Colorful Outdoor Rugs - May 31, 2023
- Memorial Weekend Recipes - May 27, 2023
The caramel popcorn is delicious 😋. My husband loves making popcorn as well. Could you share the brand of the stovetop popcorn maker. I would love to get this for my husband.♥️
Gosh, I meant to place the links in the post. I just placed it under the popcorn maker image! 🙂 Thanks so much for asking about the popcorn maker. Right now, they only have the red version available, which is cute and perfect for a Valentine’s Day gift! We both have husbands who love popcorn. That’s so cool. Next, I want to try a few different popcorn toppings, so stay tuned!