Make these Gluten Free Slutty Brownies when you want to make a decadent chocolate Oreo dessert without the flour. This delicious brownie contains a chocolate chip cookie base with an Oreo cookie middle and is topped with a chocolatey brownie. All of these delightful layers are gluten-free.
This three-layered brownie is so rich in chocolate. The combination of chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, and rich brownies is like nothing you have ever had. I love that they are gluten-free and not too tricky to make.
You’re probably wondering why I’m sharing gluten-free recipes lately. My interest in gluten-free recipes stems from my daughter’s sensitivity to wheat. So, we ping-pong back and forth over the years with a gluten-free diet.
I feel that it’s a difficult diet to stick to when you are young, and the peer pressure is intense. But now, she is experiencing the benefits of a gluten-free diet and is a little more determined to stick to the diet.
I do have a few gluten-free recipes over here if you’re interested.
My daughter made these a couple of years ago with her friend. She has been talking about them and wants to make them again. But now, she is trying to eat a gluten-free diet. So I made them for her with my gluten-free flour and recipes.
As much as I wanted to use box brownies and premade chocolate chip cookie dough, I was determined to make my gluten-free versions from scratch. So, thus the adventure began. The results are fabulous, and I seriously can’t tell that these brownies are gluten-free!
What are Slutty Brownies?
This is a good question and one that I wondered about as well!
When was this brownie invented?
I guess it all started back in 2011
Who invented the cookie, oreo, and brownie?
Kevin and Amanda first invented this delicious brownie. They were called Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar.
Who termed it “Slutty Brownie”?
It wasn’t until The Londoner (a lifestyle blog) termed it a month later, “slutty brownies.” It originally was a quick and easy brownie made from boxes, and now there are so many variations.
Ingredients Needed for Gluten-Free Slutty Brownies
- Vanilla Extract
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Gluten-Free Flour
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips
- Sweet Rice Flour
- Potato Starch
- Tapioca Flour
- Xanthan Gum
- Fine Almond Flour
- Gluten-Free Oreo Cookies
How to Make Gluten-Free Slutty Brownies from Scratch
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2 – Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Step 3 – Place Cookie Dough in Pan
Pat the chocolate chip cookie dough in a parchment-lined pan.
Step 4 – Place a Layer of Gluten-Free Oreos
Place Oreos right on top of the chocolate chip cookie dough.
Step 5 – Make Brownies
Make brownies and pour the batter over the Oreos.
Gluten Free Slutty Brownies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 ½ cup Bob's Redmill gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 bag gluten-free Oreos
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sweet rice flour
- 1½ tbsp potato starch
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- ⅛ tsp xanthan gum
- ⅛ cup almond flour super fine almond flour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 8"x 8" pan with parchment or wax paper.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Combine and mix flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Place the egg in a small bowl and whisk with a fork thoroughly.
- Whip shortening for a minute or two with a handheld mixer.
- Add vanilla to the shortening and mix well.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar to the shortening and mix for another minute or two until combined well.
- Next, add the egg mixture to the shortening and blend well.
- Add portions of the flour to the sugar/shortening mixture and beat well after each addition.
- Once all the flour is added beat for a minute.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Place and pat cookie dough into a parchment lined pan.
- Place a layer of gluten-free Oreo's on top of chocolate chip cookie layer.
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs and blend well.
- Add dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Add vanilla and chocolate syrup and mix until well blended.
- Pour brownie batter over Oreo layer.
- Bake brownies for 40 minutes in a 350° oven.
- The batter maybe a tiny bit gooey, but make sure the middle is cooked. Test with a toothpick and look to see if the middle is raw and jiggly.
Gluten-Free Brownies FAQs
Where do I find gluten-free Oreos?
My daughter mentioned that our local grocery store carried gluten-free Oreos. Yes, Nabisco makes their gluten-free version. How cool is that? If you can’t find them, you can try a few others.
- Gluten-Free Joe-Joe’s Chocolate Vanilla Creme Cookies (A pretty delicious knockoff of Oreos)
- Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Creme (A tasty version)
- Back to Nature Classic Creme Cookies (An excellent imitation of Oreos)
Can I make this brownie for my celiac friend?
Celiac is a serious condition, so you want to scrutinize all lists of ingredients and labels. Of course, ensure there are no wheat traces in the elements. I use Bob’s Redmill Gluten Free flour for my chocolate chip cookies. And the brownies have flour mixture of rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, and almond flour. None of these ingredients contain gluten.
Is your gluten-free Oreo cookie slutty brownie recipe nut free?
Unfortunately, this recipe is not nut free since it contains almond flour.
Does this recipe need Xanthan Gum?
Since xanthan gum is gluten-free, it is the preferred ingredient to bind ingredients and prevents baked goods from crumbling. If you can, I would keep it in this recipe. But now that I think of it, this recipe only has about 1/4 tsp, so you might be able to remove it from the recipe if you like.
How long can I keep gluten-free Oreo cookie slutty brownies?
I would say a week. I’ve had ours sitting under a glass cloche, and granted, it does dry out a bit, but it’s still delicious!
Can I freeze these brownies?
Of course, you can freeze them. Wrap them in plastic wrap, and they cover that with some tin foil. And if you want to be even more secure, place this package in a Ziploc bag.
At that point, you earned the title of “The Anal Retentive Chef!”
Are Oreo cookies and Hershey chocolate syrup dairy-free?
Yes! Believe it or not, both these products have no dairy in them. I find that amazing since they taste like they do have milk in them.
How can I tell when my gluten-free slutty brownies are done?
These brownies are a bit on the gooey side. I test mine with the toothpick, and it’s baked if it comes out clean. But, the chocolate chips can create a gooeyness that still will occur when it’s all cooked. If the middle looks jiggly and raw, bake a little bit longer. I usually add time in increments of 3-5 minutes.
How can I make this recipe dairy free?
Egg substitute – Egg Eggs, Sparkling Water, Bob’s Redmill Gluten-Free Vegan Egg Replacer
Butter substitute – Country Crock’s Plant Butter (I love this product)
Dairy Free Chocolate Chips – Ghirardelli Non-Dairy Chocolate Chips, Enjoy Life Chocolate chips
Here are my favorite baking pans!
If you make any chocolate dessert, try this gluten-free slutty brownies recipe! And if you’re worried about overeating, cut them into thin slices. I found the slices are the right amount of chocolate brownie serving!