Prepare to boost your taste buds with this Peach Bourbon Glaze recipe. It’s all about combining the goodness of brown sugar, ripe peaches, an array of spices, and the delicious touch of peach jam into a sauce bursting with flavor.
Whether you’re glazing meats, drizzling over roasted vegetables, or using it as a dip, this Peach Bourbon Glaze, with its medley of flavors, will undoubtedly elevate your recipes.
In the summer, we make it a tradition to visit the local peach orchard and pick their incredible fruit – there’s nothing quite like the taste of fresh peaches. You can totally tell how much I adore peaches just by looking at my recipes! They’re like a star ingredient in many of my recipes.
This peach bourbon glaze stands apart from any other sauce, resembling a chutney with its exquisite fusion of spices and the warm embrace of bourbon.
Of course, my husband loves this surprising blend of flavors and enjoys it on his grilled chicken.
Why you’re going to love this peach bourbon glaze!
- Its delicious blend of peaches and bourbon creates a unique flavor dance.
- The addition of peach jam adds a sweet and rich layer that takes it up a notch.
- Cinnamon delivers wonderful fall and winter flavors.
- Nutmeg’s earthy essence adds depth and complexity to every bite.
- The subtle hint of vanilla extract weaves an extra layer of indulgence into the mix.
Incorporate this glaze into the following items:
- Grilled Chicken: Brush this peach bourbon glaze over grilled chicken for a delightful sweet and savory twist.
- Pork Ribs: Glaze your pork ribs with this peach sauce for a burst of flavor.
- Roasted Vegetables: Elevate your roasted vegetables by drizzling them with this glaze, creating a unique and delicious side dish.
- Grilled Peaches: Take the peach theme to the next level by grilling fresh peaches and finishing them with a glaze drizzle.
- Sandwiches: Use this glaze as a yummy sandwich spread, adding a gourmet touch to your lunchtime favorites.
How to Make This Peach Glaze
This glaze recipe might look like it has a lot of ingredients, but that’s exactly what gives it such a unique flavor.
- Fresh Peaches: Provide a juicy and vibrant base, lending their natural sweetness.
- Peach Jam: Intensifies the fruity profile, contributing depth and texture to the glaze.
- Ketchup: Infuses a balanced tanginess that enhances the overall flavor.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Adds a subtle zing and helps to balance the sweetness.
- Brown Sugar: Contributes a rich, caramelized sweetness that deepens the glaze’s complexity.
- Honey: Offers a delicate floral sweetness, harmonizing with the other flavors.
- Soy Sauce: Imparts umami and depth, creating a savory contrast.
- Dijon Mustard: Brings a hint of sharpness and tang that elevates the taste.
- Ground Ginger: Provides a gentle, warming kick, adding a touch of spice.
- Cinnamon: Evokes a warm and comforting essence, enhancing the glaze’s aroma.
- Nutmeg: Adds a subtle earthy note and enhances the overall depth of flavor.
- Allspice: Offers a complex blend of flavors, tying the elements together seamlessly.
- Vanilla Extract: Infuses a subtle richness and aroma, enhancing the overall experience.
- Bourbon: Introduces a warm, smoky depth that complements the sweet notes and adds complexity.
Step 1 – Mix Ingredients
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the peaches, peach preserves, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground allspice, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Step 2 – Simmer
Allow mixture to come to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the peaches are softened and the flavors have melded together. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the saucepan. Stir and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Step 3 – Cool Sauce
Remove from heat and allow to cool before using.
Peach Bourbon Glaze
- 2 cups peaches fresh or frozen and peeled and diced
- ¼ cup peach preserves
- 2 tbsp Bourbon
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- salt and pepper Add to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the peaches, peach preserves, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground allspice, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Allow mixture to come to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the peaches are softened and the flavors have melded together. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the saucepan. Stir and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before using.
Thanks for visiting this peach bourbon glaze recipe! I hope you get the opportunity to give it a try.
Until my next post, have a peachy day!
Photo Credits: MyPhotography.com