How Many Calories are in Starbuck’s Pumpkin Bread?
410 Calories per slice. Ouch. My recipe is 263 calories per serving. Hooray! Well, come to think of it, Starbucks slices are much thicker so maybe that why they have more calories.
What are the ingredients in Starbucks Pumpkin Bread?
sugar, pumpkin puree, enriched flour, egg, soybean and/or canola oil, enriched flour, water, pepitas, food starch-modified, sea salt, spice, baking powder.
These ingredients are straight from Starbuck’s website. Ok, it looks like they use baking powder instead of baking soda. They are both chemical leaveners and baking soda when in contact with liquid or acid starts the process of making CO2 gas immediately. Baking Powder makes the gas too but does it partly with water and with the heat of the oven. The bottom line is once you mix the ingredients of this recipe it needs to be put in the oven quickly. so it will rise.
How Do You Make an Easy Pumpkin Bread?
If you use canned pumpkin puree this will eliminate having to cook a fresh pumpkin. I feel that pumpkin bread made from scratch is one of the easiest desserts you can make and there is no reason to buy the prepackaged boxes. Those just taste a little more synthetic than homemade.
Starbuck’s Copycat Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp cloves
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
Prepare two loaf pans (9"x5"x2 3/4"). Coat each with Crisco and then dust lightly with flour till the inside surface is all covered.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Depending on what size loaf pan you use, it could take longer to bake. I ended up adding another 16 minutes to my bake time.
For More Pumpkin Recipes, Check Out:
- Copycat Starbuck’s Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Moist Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Recipes Roundup
- Italian Cream Cake with a Twist of Pumpkin