~ a funny note about the nester ~i love containers so much that my husband thinks that i must be the only person that has containers for containers. are you also guilty of this little obsession?
a couple of years back i tackled our cereal storage, i was tired of getting little bugs in our opened cereal bags. here is the link to my earlier post: chalkboard label post ugh. so i took a trip to the container store and got it all organized. so, i’m slowly making my way around the kitchen and organizing various storage problems. ya think i would just tackle the whole kitchen, but for some crazy reason i’m choosing to pick away at it slowly. :o) maybe some of you can relate to my silly personality trait, procrastination.
benefit to putting your food in clear containers: you now can see what you have and less things are forgotten and tossed out. also, you end up using less plastic bags which is good for the earth. your food is in glass containers and not seeping plastics into the food.
– the project – so here was our snack draw, lots of bags and very disorganized. it was difficult to see what we had for snacks.
– the container store – so now a trip to one of my favorite stores, the container store. i don’t think my husband or kids will ever understand my love for this store. hopefully you have this same passion, i guess you probably do since you are reading this post. hmm, i love those jars that already have the chalkboard labels on them.
– why i chose these containers – so i measured the drawer and so i found that these anchor hocking 2 quart glass jars (here is the amazon link: anchor hocking jars) would fit nicely in my drawer. i bought 9 jars since they are glass and seal tightly. i also, loved that they had a wide opening so that our hands could comfortably fit in the top. the mason jars have kind of a small hole and i find it hard to get my hand into them. also, the lid had a nice big area to place a chalkboard label on.
– paper source – now off to my next favorite store, the papersource. they have these cool cardboard shapes, that are perfect for tracing for chalkboard labels. i love making my own labels since i always need a ton of them and it would be pretty expensive.
– chalkboard sticker paper – i just love the chalkboard paper, it just makes it easy to create your own labels. you gotta buy some. if you feel inclined to help me out, i make a tiny commission, here is my link at amazon: label sticker paper
– easy label making – it is so easy, you have to try it. if you trace your shape and then triple up the paper you can cut out like 3-5 labels at a time. i made 9 labels in under 5 minutes!
– ta-da – isn’t it purdy?!!! so, you’ve got to try this, it has such quick results and i love it! we now can see our snacks and know the status of our supplies, nice. again here’s the link to the containers: glass jars
– chalk marker – now hopefully you have one of these great chalkboard markers. they are more permanent than the old fashioned chalk but they still can be wiped away with a damp paper towel. here is the link at amazon: chalk marker
– finally organized – i just love this little drawer, it is easy to access our snacks and now it is totally organized. my family thinks i’m a little crazy, but over time they really enjoy these cool features, it is very practical organizing that works! so here is the link to the chalkboard label paper: chalkboard label paper
– no more need for these – ah geez, i just bought a ton of these clips, now i’ll have to find another use for them!
– i would love your input – i just love my new drawer of snacks. do you have any projects like this that you would like to share? is there any projects you would like to see on my blog? i totally want to hear from you, seriously drop me a note or email me. thanks so much for hanging out on my blog, i hope you enjoyed it. if you want more subscribe via email.