If you like a crispy-chewy cookie, then you’ll love this chocolate chip cookie recipe I’m about to share with you.
The Story Behind This Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
When we vacationed in Hawaii this past summer, there was a local grocery store called Foodland that carried some fantastic store made cookies. And, in my opinion, they were the best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe around. We kept buying them and devouring them. So, now that we are home, I thought I would try and replicate this gem of a cookie.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light-brown sugar packed
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips semisweet-chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Into a large bowl, measure all ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix at low speed with mixer and beat ingredients until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Measure about a rounded tablespoon of dough. Next, form a ball. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and smash the ball down until the cookie is a flat round shape. The dough should be a thin thickness of about 1/4 inch. Shape into a round disk. Make sure to leave about 2 inches in between cookies. Sprinkle top with raw or granulated sugar.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove cookies from sheet and onto a wire rack to cool. When cookies are cool store in a tightly covered container.
You might want to check out these other cookie recipes:
I love cookies and I try and bake homemade cookies for the family rather than buying store-bought ones. There is nothing quite as good as a warm chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven on a winters day.
Well, I’m so ready to have a cup of tea and a cookie. You see, the whole time I’ve been writing this post, I’m seriously craving a cookie. Well, if you are suggestable like me, you will busy in the kitchen and make this Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
Happy Holidays and Happy Baking!
PS: If you like crafting, decorating or baking I would love to have you join us in my private membership group.
Double Chocolate Junior Mint Cookies by Ella Claire & Co. | Snowball Cookies with Pecans by Live Laugh Rowe | Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies by Boxwood Avenue | Chocolate Covered Peppermint Cookies by Rooms for Rent.
Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies by Jenna Kate at Home | Iced Peanut Butter Cookies by Maison de Pax | Caramel Thumbprint Snickerdoodles by Summer Adams | Peanut Butter Cookie Cups by Town and Country Living
Gooey Butter Christmas Cookies by Tidy Mom | Toasted Coconut Einkron Cookies by Farmhouse on Boone | Christmas Candy (M&M) Cookies by Nina Hendrick | White Chocolate Peppermint Oreos by My Sweet Savannah
Praline Snickerdoodles by So Much Better with Age