These Easy Christmas Ornament DIY are so fun to make, and even your kids will like it.
This holiday project uses oven-baked clay and sparkly crystal glitter.
*This project contains affiliate links.
Today, I’m part of an ornament blog hop, and you will love all the creative projects my friends are posting. I love this community that Krista from The Happy Housie has brought together. So enjoy all the other ornaments this Christmas!
This easy Christmas ornament DIY is so fun that I made about 40 ornaments. My dear friend Leslie from My 100 Year Old Home showed me how to make this cool craft. Well, I also love glitter, so I encouraged her to use my Hobby Lobby glitter. This glitter is the best, and I shout it from the rooftops on every glitter post.
Have you ever worked with Sculpey, the clay?
It is a great clay that you can mold, shape, and roll out, and then you can let it air dry or bake. If you want your item to harden, then you’ll want to bake it. My husband used it when he was an art teacher many years ago. I love that once I rolled out the clay, I could make quite a few ornaments. I’m all about making a lot of something!
Check out these other holiday craft projects:
Also, If you like this project and want more personal holiday projects, then make sure to sign up for my private FB membership community. You can find out more about it over on this page. We would for you to join this fun group of women!
Easy Christmas Ornament DIY
Skewer or pencil
glue and watercolor brush
Instructions on how to make an easy Christmas ornament DIY
1. Sculpey can be stiff, and so it is useful to prep the clay. You can do this by working with your warm hands. Just squish it in your hands, and the clay will become more flexible.
2. In the meantime, place a sheet of parchment paper down on the counter.
3. Roll out clay to about 1/4 inch or so in thickness on top of the paper.
4. To prevent the clay from sticking to the paper while you roll it out, make sure to peel it off the paper and flip it to the other side. Do this a couple of times.
5. Cut out your snowflakes and poke a hole with your skewer at the top of the ornament. Next, place the snowflakes on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake at 275 degrees for 15 minutes.
7. When they come out of the oven, they are a bit soft, and as they cool, they get hard.
8. Apply slightly watered down glue to one side of the ornament and sprinkle it with glitter. After it is dried, paint another layer of glue on the other side and sprinkle with glitter.
9. Thread a piece of cotton twine through the hole and tie a bow. Hang your ornament on your tree.
This time of year is super busy around here. I feel like every day, I have a project due. Well, I’m over exaggerating a tiny bit. Well, I worked in my living room and these ornaments over the past couple of days. Here is a peek at my Balsam Hill Christmas trees and my homemade clay snowflake ornaments.
Thanks so much for joining me on this Easy Christmas Ornament DIY, and I hope you have a chance to make these cute ornaments.
Welcome to the second week of the Seasonal Simplicity Christmas Series! Today a group of my blogging friends and I are sharing our DIY Christmas Ornament projects to help inspire you to get crafty for the upcoming holiday season. Click on the links below each image to be taken directly to the different posts!
DIY Christmas Light Tree Ornaments at The Happy Housie
Handmade Ornaments from Free Printables at The Handmade Home
DIY Dollar Store Christmas Tree Ornament at Craftberry Bush
DIY Twig Christmas Tree Ornament at The Turquoise Home
Farmhouse Christmas Sign Ornaments at Tatertots and Jello
DIY Stocking Ornament at Love Create Celebrate
DIY Kid Friendly Christmas Ornaments at Jenna Kate at Home
DIY Wood Bead Christmas Garland at So Much Better With Age
Reindeer Handmade Christmas Ornament Clean & Scentsible
DIY Christmas Ornament at My 100 Year Old Home
Easy Christmas Ornament DIY at Happy Happy Nester
Frosted Pear Tree Ornaments at Sincerely, Marie Designs
Elegant Embroidery Hoop Ornaments at All Things With Purpose
Homemade Christmas Ornament at Seeking Lavender Lane
Easy Wood Bead Christmas Ornaments at Cherished Bliss
DIY Hand Painted Floral Christmas Ornaments at The DIY Mommy
DIY Black and White Ornaments at Taryn Whiteaker
DIY Reindeer Vintage Car Christmas Ornament at Cassie Bustamante
Photo Block Christmas Ornament at Amber Tysl
Melted Crayon Ornaments at Modern Glam
Wine Cork Mushroom Christmas Ornaments at Life is a Party
Cinnamon Stick and Orange Slice Ornaments at A Pretty Life
Easy DIY Reversible Christmas Ornaments at She Gave it a Go
DIY Mason Jar Snow Globe Ornament at Lolly Jane