We have all been on Pinterest and undoubtedly have seen the recipes that claim to be super easy to make or only have a few ingredients. Marci and I are especially fascinated by these recipes and projects. So, we decided to give them a try. We Periscoped it live (on Thursdays) and now we are publishing our results on our blog. I must let you in a secret of mine, I have a friend who has a long list of easy recipes and she’s my resource! So here goes, we will show you two of our latest Pinterest phenomenon.
First, this is a bread that doesn’t require any kneading. You’ll place the four ingredients in a bowl, let it sit for 12-18 hours and then transfer it to a preheated pot and bake in the oven. What do you think? Do you think it’s going to work? Well, you can kind of tell by the above photo it makes a beautiful rustic round bread. Just like the type you buy in the store! Here is the easy recipe.
No-Knead Rustic Bread
3 cups flour
1 3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp yeast
1 1/2 cup water (room temperature)
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and then cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Place on your counter for 12-18 hours.
2. Preheat the oven and your casserole dish (covered) or cast iron pot to 450 degrees.
3. When the oven is at 450 degrees, remove the pot and place a small amount of cooking oil on the bottom. transfer the dough into the pot and cover.
4. Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes with lid. Remove lid after 30 minutes and bake for another 15-20 minutes till brown.
5. I noticed the more cracks you have in the dough when placing in the pot, the more cracks you’ll get when it is baked.
Yum, I need to make some soup now. 🙂 Enjoy!